Transportation Clerk - Facilities and Services (123353)
Facilities & Services Fleet Operations
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees in this classification work under general supervision from a designated supervisor, to perform specialized clerical duties that support motor vehicle services on a campus.
A(n) Transportation Clerk typically –
- receives requests, assigns, reserves, and schedules vehicles.
- maintains records of mileage, length of use, destination of vehicles, etc. for billing purposes.
- monitors the scheduling of vehicles for regular maintenance checks.
- makes arrangements for leasing vehicles from outside agencies to meet special transportation needs.
- maintains shuttle schedules for university vehicles.
- obtains cost estimates for specialized repairs or modifications of university vehicles.
- maintains records and prepares reports of operational transportation costs.
- prepares forms to procure title and license and to register university fleet vehicles.
- distributes billings to appropriate parties and monitors payments.
- may supervise assigned personnel performing similar duties or serve as lead worker.
- may operate vehicles as the need arises.
- performs other related duties as assigned.
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- one year of work experience involving scheduling, dispatching, and/or bookkeeping activities
- valid State of Illinois driver’s license at time of appointment
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Transportation Clerk position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is varied (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $15.30 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for Transportation Clerk. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
College Name or Administrative Unit:F&S Category:7-Service Operations Title:Transportation Clerk - Facilities and Services (123353) Open Date:10/14/2019 Close Date:10/28/2019 Organization Name:FandS Fleet Ops