Part-time Temporary Museum Guard
Part-time Temporary Museum GuardTracking Code200238 Job Description
Assist in the observation of visitors within the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art to ensure protection of the artworks on view. Maintains order in assigned areas by addressing inappropriate behavior in a confident, calm, and friendly manner. Provides information and directs visitors to galleries, restrooms, information desks and other points of interest. Successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Registrar.
- Must have excellent customer service, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be physically able to respond quickly to visitor issues
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time while remaining alert
- Some post secondary education or equivalent
- Prior museum guard and/or customer service experience, a desire to be part of a team during exciting exhibitions and programs
- Current or previous JCCC student
- Current students majoring in studio art, art history, or art education
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time