Compost Operations Intern
Compost Operations InternTracking Code200237 Job Description
This internship is focused on food compost processing and related upkeep. Make daily scheduled waste, and food/compost pick-ups. Be a resource on campus to further sustainability initiatives regarding composting. Operate and maintain clean, orderly facilities and equipment, safety.Required Skills
- Understand and relate effectively to diverse groups including faculty, students, administrators, supervisors, support staff, and contractors in order to translate college’s sustainability requirements into operational terms
- Ability to conduct duties in a friendly, discreet and professional manner
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work with all campus constituencies including faculty, staff, students, contractors, and vendors
- Take and record data, respond to compost material conditions and changes with correct action
- Travel required within local area and on campus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR along with background check
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeTemporary