Talent Management Coordinator - Adjunct Employment
University of La Verne
Talent Management Coordinator - Adjunct Employment
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Talent Management Coordinator, Adjunct Employment provides excellent recruitment, administrative, and customer service support to campus community partners with focus on all aspects of adjunct employment. The incumbent plays a key role in directly supporting the Talent Management team and Office of Human Resources' programs, processes and policies across the organization and has the opportunity to collaborate with other functions of the department such as Benefits, Compensation, etc.
The incumbent's primary responsibility is to coordinate all recruitment and hiring tasks for adjunct faculty; which is done in collaboration with college deans, Registrar, and designated representatives from each college; as the selection and contracting of adjunct faculty is a shared responsibility. The incumbent will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all adjunct hiring and contracts through the University's applicant tracking system, and their onboarding. The incumbent will also be responsible for accurately and timely processing contract letters for other employees who may also teach at the University, overload payments for full time faculty, class cancellations, and other supplemental compensation issued through Pay Advice forms. Supports Adjunct retention programs, by participating and/or organizing, efforts such as Adjuncts with Excellence program, Focus Groups, and Adjunct Appreciation events.
The Talent Management Coordinator will posses fundamental general HR knowledge, experience, and recruitment expertise to serve as back up to peer Coordinators in the Talent Management team and enrich their experience allowing for cross-training in all aspects of talent acquisition and talent management.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director, Talent Management.
- Processes all adjunct hiring and contracts electronically through the University’s applicant tracking system. Processes pay advice payments, overloads, summer supplemental contracts and all other supplemental compensation into Banner adhering to HR policy and Payroll deadlines.
- Builds and maintains a close partnership with the Registrar’s team to track all course cancellation in order to process cancellation stipends for adjuncts. May work the Registrar’s team and deans to create a cancellation class process.
- Process all faculty pay advices. Due to the critical financial impact of this task, the incumbent must use critical thinking skills to determine requests for supplemental compensation vs base compensation and use good judgement to escalate requests to manager and/or Associate Director of Total Rewards. Ensure the accuracy of information submitted on contracts, stipends, and pay advices and verify that the required approvals exist without exception. Will work closely with the Budget Office on supplemental compensation matters Will work closely with Associate Director of Total Rewards on adjunct compensation matters, increases, exceptions, etc.
- Responsible for auditing data entry to ensure accuracy of data, compensation, units, course approval, etc. Must keep informed of Faculty Handbook updates and aware of adjunct rules, policies set by the Adjunct Council.
- Conducts background checks for all new adjunct faculty. Oversees the background check process, notifies adjuncts of outstanding items, and works with supervisor on complex matters concerning background checks.
- Provocative and timely responds to inquiries from the deans, program or department chairs, and community partners to solve concerns regarding adjunct hiring and onboarding. Directs payroll questions to the payroll team in a timely manner.
- Oversees advertisement of adjunct job postings on contracted sites and social media. Provides recommendation for additional advertisement to deans on more challenging adjunct positions to fill.
- Facilitate new hire orientation sessions virtually for all adjuncts. Prepare and maintain employee personnel files. Review new hire documents for accuracy and process all adjunct I-9s and ID verification. Responsible for updating and enhancing the new hire orientation task to meet the needs of remote adjuncts. Serve as back up facilitator of staff/faculty new hire orientations.
- Participate in adjunct committees and events hosted by the department as well as by the University (i.e. Provost Office). Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and/or attending adjunct retention efforts such as: Adjuncts with Excellence Program, Adjunct Focus groups, Adjunct Promotion Dinner, and other adjunct appreciation events.
- Collaborates with Training & Development Manager to set up adjuncts with mandatory training, as part of their onboarding, and tracks their completion to process compensation for time spent on training.
- Processes University Adjunct Development fund requests. Reports on utilization of funds. Works closely with Budget Office and Provost Office to confirm annual fund.
- Coordinates and conducts semi-annual meetings with campus partners to address processes, procedures or concerns regarding adjunct employment. Provides HR guidance (recruitment, interviewing, compensation, hiring, onboarding, etc) to Deans, Program Chairs, and other campus partners involved in adjunct employment.
Create and facilitate quarterly short tutorials for campus partners on the new hiring and onboarding processes (i.e. how to move, approve requisitions and how to recommend adjunct for hire in PeopleAdmin, etc).
- Participate and contribute to the implementation of new processes projects in collaboration with HRIS Analyst; including new modules, enhancements, and upgrades that are directly related to the duties of the position and the team.
Creates, updates and maintains SOPs for own processes.
- Able to critically think of basic adjunct data reports to present to the HR and University leadership on the status of adjunct employment (turnover, time-to-fill, teaching load, etc). This is to be done occasionally and/or in collaboration with HRIS Analyst for more complex reporting needs.
- Works closely with HR Assistant on all adjunct employment verification and unemployment claims. May attend unemployment hearings for observation and as an opportunity for professional development.
- Participates in University and HR sponsored activities such as committees, project teams, search committees, benefits fair, HR retreat, etc.
- Provides back up front desk coverage for breaks, lunch, vacation, etc. if/when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 General Human Resource Experience and/or recruitment experience. Experience working with adjuncts and/or faculty groups is preferred but not required
- 2 years recruitment experience with job postings, offer letters, conducting orientations, employment data entry, and excellent customer service
- 2 years general knowledge of federal and state employment laws. Desire to learn and develop HR expertise by keeping up to date on HR trends is a must
- 2 years of experience serving diverse customers in a high paced work environment with a strong sense of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail for accurate data entry, quality-focused but time effective, ability to solve problems and achieve measurable and attainable goals. Innovative, forward thinking, flexible, and able to adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain effective relationships. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present in small and large groups to a variety of employee groups
- Intermediate to advance computer skills utilizing all Microsoft Office applications, job boards, ATS, and HRIS system experience (Banner preferred but not required)
- Able to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality is a must
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Ability to perform independently in a fast pace environment and work collaboratively with the HR team
- BA/BS degree required but area of specialty in HR Management or similar field is preferred
- Banner HR and/or PeopleAdmin knowledge desired
- HR experience working in Higher Education preferred
- PHR or SHRM certification a plus but not required
- Social media experience and social networking experience preferred
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency