Assistant Director-Accounting Svcs
Job Title: Assistant Director-Accounting Svcs
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217402
Under the general administrative direction from the Associate Director, the Assistant Director of Accounting Services is responsible for performing back-office duties to ensure accuracy in financial reporting. This position will be given consideration for working from a virtual home office with some travel required.Responsibilities
- Prepares quarterly and special financial reports as assigned by the Assistant Vice President. This includes but not limited to encumbrance reporting for major repairs and renovation (MRR) funds, athletics reports, etc.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in preparing the annual financial reports.
- Prepares year-end journal entries
- Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.
- Runs year-end processes and queries/reports.
- Reviews and approves journal entries in the absence of the AVP/Controller.
- Analyses general ledger transactions and makes corrections as needed.
- Prepares month-end account reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Performs analysis of various accounts as assigned.
- Maintains the asset management module which includes addition and disposal of assets.
- Prepares monthly invoices for MRR and Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission (GSFIC) related projects.
- Reconciles MRR and GSFIC expenditures to reports from the Board of Regents.
- Performs monthly encumbrance reconciliation
- Approves wire transfers and vendor setup.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles Skilled in General Ledger account reconciliation.Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials or other automated financial reporting software.Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)Strong oral and written communication skills.Ability to work independently and as a part of a team depending on the requirements of the task.Effective organizational and time management skills.Ability to analyze and solve problems.Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.Ability to work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred), Finance, Business Administration, or other related field. Minimum of two years of experience with PeopleSoft Financials or other similar financial reporting software.Experience in Higher Education or a State entity and at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.Required Documents to Attach
ResumeOptional Documents to Attach Cover Letter ReferencesAbout Us
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.