Part Time Administrative Specialist III, Business Operations
Job Title: Part Time Administrative Specialist III, Business Operations
Location: LSC-University Park
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 31881
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Administrative Specialist III, under limited supervision, has oversight of administrative functions in a large/significant area. Provides a high level of clerical, analytical, administrative, and operational support. Responsible for the performance and coordination of support functions such as scheduling, process maintenance, communications, workflows, supplies, information processing and staff support. Position will perform functions that require an awareness of LSC’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and coordinates general office operations, including but not limited to supervising, training and coordinating the workload of clerical staff, ensuring adequate office coverage, overseeing efficient workflows, maintaining departmental schedules and calendars, and assisting staff with basic daily functions as needed
- Troubleshoot questions, inquiries, and complaints and directs them to the appropriate person
- Coordinates a variety of meetings and maintains scheduling of office conference room for campus
- Produces a variety of detailed reports and documents, including but not limited to performing research, typing, coordinating, proof reading, printing, and compiling
- Coordinates the maintenance of general office equipment with internal departments (OTS) and/or external vendors
- Assists with training and oversight of new employees within assigned area
- Tracks and maintains inventory of supplies. Manages the process of purchasing supplies and services and prepares all appropriate documentation, following LSC purchasing guidelines. Confirms receipt of all goods and services.
- Assists with departmental budget preparation and maintenance. May track expenditures on a monthly basis and completes budget analyses throughout the year, in addition to expense projections, trend reports, and ad hoc reports as required for leadership
- Accurately enters and submits expense reports as needed
- Responds to routine correspondence on own initiative, or drafts response for manager’s review on correspondence that requires Manager’s signature
- Plans and coordinates a variety of meetings, events, trainings, etc., including but not limited to venue reservations, space assignment, handouts and meal arrangements
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to make decisions in the absence of Management according to departmental procedure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use and learn a variety of software products
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple projects
- Ability to document and track expenses
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Associate’s degree
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.19Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.