Digital Media Services Lead
Job Title: Digital Media Services Lead
Location: Technology Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5070
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) position
- Responsible for daily operation and coordination of electronic classrooms and meeting rooms, including maintaining scheduling, delivery and retrieval of media equipment and materials. Work in close partnership with the client support services manager to assist their leading team of professional staff and student staff in provision of multimedia, graphics, teleconferencing and video production services.
- Set up and operate various audio-visual and video equipment such as data projectors, visual displays, amplifiers, speaker systems, audio and video recording equipment, video cameras, multi-media computers and microphones, touch panels and more.
- Maintain computerized and/or manual inventory records on materials, equipment, software and parts, and order supplies and software as needed.
- Establish and follow schedules for cleaning and maintaining all equipment.
- Establish and follow requirements for inventory and asset control.
- Coordinate and provide staff for classroom and event support, audio and videoconferences and interactive video classrooms, meeting spaces and studios.
- Responsible, in partnership with client support services manager, for managing student staff calendar that may change frequently and with little prior notice from student staff. This includes helping build semester, winter and summer scheduls, noting late arrivals or other events needing adjustment of recorded time.
- Act as the lead and main point of contact for all Media events, owning the calendar of events as well as all of the incoming points where event requests are made (email, phone, tickets, walk-ups, 25Live).
- Make recommendations regarding equipment capabilities, new purchases, and effective utilization of media materials, equipment, and software.
- Provide technical advice and assist faculty, staff and students in effective use and operation of media equipment and various software as needed.
- Promote understanding and implementation of the applicable copyright law and practice as it applies to the duplication and presentation of media materials.
- Provide technical leadership for event support and classroom support, including providing direct and indirect training and support.
- Other duties as needed.
This position trains and/or provides the coordination of training for student employees and will provide supervisory direction for students. Additionally, this role will provide scheduling oversight and guidance to the remaining members of the team. This role may provide recommendations and insight to the client services manager to aid in personnel matters.
This position does not have responsibility for managing budgets. However, they will be trained on the maintenance and support of this team’s equipment and maintenance specific components of the larger, departmental budget and will be asked to coordinate with the team leadership to plan and scope future year budgets and make spend recommendations for current years.Qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical and customer service excellence in professional A/V service provision in meetings, presentations and classroom, including high profile VIP support.
- Ability to lead a team in providing effective and appropriate customer service.
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and determine solutions, often without direct supervision or direction.
- Familiarity and experience with common and emerging digital and analog editing equipment and software and audio technology is required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently learn new technologies and software.
- Proven ability to organize work and equipment spaces with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience supporting presenters’ use of visual presentation software, graphics software, and multimedia software.
- Demonstrated experience working with vendors regarding equipment installation service contracts.
- Familiarity and experience with common and emerging digital and analog editing equipment and software and audio technology.
- Provides direct support of media production such as audio and video encoding and editing, including training student staff in the support of these activities.
- Provide direct user support by answering phones, responding to user requests sent via email, the web, or by visiting classrooms or other campus venues to assist user’s in-person when needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in audio techniques, including technical understanding of microphone placement and pickup patterns (unidirectional, cardioid, omnidirectional or boundary).
- Demonstrated experience with desktop systems and commonly used office software.
- Ability to work independently as an enthusiastic and flexible team member.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of technical literacy.
- Must be available to work some evenings or weekends hours as needed based on campus class and event schedule.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds from floor to waist, negotiate stairs while hauling equipment, stand on a ladder and work in cramped equipment/cable areas, tolerate long periods of walking, kneeling or stooping, and demonstrate visual acuity and hand/finger dexterity to work with hand tools to repair/replace small components.
- Ability to respectfully work and communicate within a diverse campus community.
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;