#102207 Rad Tech, Per Diem - Eastlake
Working under general supervision, the incumbent performs routine to complex radiographic and fluoroscopic exams using fixed and portable imaging equipment throughout General Diagnostic Radiology, in accordance with established guidelines and protocols. Requires advanced knowledge of radiologic technology. Acts as a Diagnostic subject matter expert and assists other technologists as needed. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of principles of radiation safety. Prepares and positions the patient for the procedure by using established protocols to achieve the highest quality image.
Follows protocols specified by the Radiologist. Enters complex data into the computer system. Reviews verify and evaluate images and radiographs to ensure technical quality and image quality. Ensures compliance with related policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines. Demonstrates effective communication and conflict resolution techniques with patients, coworkers, physicians, and all other health care members. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, front and back-office support.
Depending on the experience of the selected candidate, this position will be hired at the Radiology Tech or Senior Radiology Tech level.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Graduate of a school of radiologic technology.
California Radiology Technologist - Radiography (CRT-R).
BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
Recent experience in a similar role and setting or new graduate of an approved radiologic technology program.
Demonstrated knowledge of radiological computerized systems and applications.
Possess the skills, knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Understanding of various radiological systems to include PACS and RIS.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
- California Radiology Technologist of Fluoroscopy (CRT-F)
- Experience in a similar clinical role and setting.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and some overtime, if necessary, for unexpected staffing issues.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.