Program Director Respiratory Care Ranked Faculty
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Job TitleProgram Director Respiratory Care Ranked FacultyPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190028-FAC Position Summary Information Position Responsibilities
The Respiratory Care Department at St. Catherine University invites applications for Program Director. Position offers full-time, 10-month, tenure track contract. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
The Program Director (PD) must be responsible for all aspects of the program, both administrative and educational. Administrative aspects include: fiscal planning, continuous review, analysis, planning and development, maintenance of accreditation standards, and the overall effectiveness of the program. Educational responsibilities include: teaching, curriculum development and review. The selected candidate is expected to have responsibilities in teaching, scholarship and service. The teaching load is six sections (24 credits) per academic year. Applicants should expect to teach introductory courses in Respiratory Care and Interdisciplinary courses.
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and a commitment to university service. The selected candidate will be responsible for advising undergraduate students and is expected to engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, school, campus, community and professional organizations. Applicants should be prepared to work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their training to lead and influence.
Master’s Degree. Valid Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) credential and current state license. Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two (2) years in clinical respiratory care. Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
Additionally, the Program Director shall exhibit creative and innovative ideas for the progress and development of future advanced degree programs within the Respiratory Care Department. And, be expected to engage in the local respiratory care community as well as have an active participatory role in the regional and national respiratory care communities.
Doctorate degree (PhD or EdD), previous experience as a Program Director or Director of Clinical Education at a COARC accredited Respiratory Care program.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, please contact Molly Quinn Jensen at [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please give at least two specific examples of actions and/or contributions you have made in your current or previous roles to promote a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion. What were the outcomes?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are mission critical at St. Kate's. If you are hired for this position, what specific actions would you take to demonstrate your commitment to DEI?
(Open Ended Question)
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA)
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Gerontological Society
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interest