Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleUniversity Program SpecialistBand LevelContributingWorking TitleProgram CoordinatorSalary Range$31,888 - $80,223Anticipated Hiring Range$40,000-$43,000Salary Grade Equivalency67Position Number00107803Work Schedule8 am - 5 pm, some evenings and weekends may be required.Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department200701 - Executive Education ProgrDepartmentExecutive Education ProgrJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
NC State Executive Education LLC designs and delivers learning programs for companies and managers. These activities typically come in 3-5 day program events, focused on the development of specific skills. In some cases, the programs are for single companies and can include deliveries over several months or years. NCSU Faculty and outside facilitators are the primary subject matter experts for these sessions.
NCSU does not currently have an executive conference center and each delivery must be uniquely planned. The LLC continues to grow and increase the number of annual program events. Currently, sessions are in delivery more than half the year, each 3-5 days in length, many delivered online, with participant numbers ranging from 15-30 per delivery. Most of the events are for specific clients, though some sessions are open registration.Essential Job Duties
The Program Coordinator position plays a critical position in the delivery and execution of program events. The Program Coordinator position provides guidance through each stage of the program development and delivery process, addressing faculty, client, vendor and financial requirements throughout.
Successful candidates will seek ways to improve program design and development processes with faculty, financial/contractual management process, and reducing upfront costs by negotiating improved vendor contracts over time, to help raise the level of delivery quality.
This position is an integral part of our program and key to the successful development and delivery of learning programs to a variety of audiences. This role requires organizational and time management skills, professional communication skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities.Other Work/Responsibilities
Meets quarterly with Director of Operations to review participant feedback for opportunities to improve delivery quality.
Other duties as assigned relating to the delivery and execution of NC State Executive Education LLC goals, programs, and business needs.Minimum Experience/Education
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or and equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Departmental Required Skills
- Demonstrated success organizing program events and managing relationships with participants and program faculty, including: client management, vendor management, facilities management, negotiation of contracts, hiring/supervising student support personnel, creating/managing budgets, program evaluation collection and assessment.
- Successful history of working as part of a team in an entrepreneurial setting, building trust with key leaders, effectively coordinating program activities, and managing relationships with vendors.
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing with faculty, corporate leaders, clients, program participants, university staff, and vendors.
- Exceptional skills with software such as MS Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and other software packages (ie. CRM system, Moodie, etc).
- Experience building and managing financial transactions using DocuSign and QuickBooks or similar product.
- Experience with online/virtual learning platforms (Zoom, AdobeConnect, Cisco Webex, GotoWebinar).
- Valid NC Driver License not required, however a successful candidate has the willingness to travel (for program events).
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field.
Experience in academic setting working with faculty, research centers, as well as external corporate managers: previous supervisory roles; 3-5 years of experience in event planning, program administration, and delivery of training events.Required License or Certification
In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references.
Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Job Open Date10/10/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)10/17/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date01/02/2020Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the University Program Specialist position.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related experience
- Master's degree or Doctorate in any field
- Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience
- Combination of post-high school education and/or experience in a related area to equal at least 5 years (ex: 1 year of college and 4 years of experience)
- High school diploma/GED and at least 5 years of related experience
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal 9 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 8 years experience)
- None of the above
- * Describe your knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with PeopleSoft Financials?
- * Please briefly describe your experience with PeopleSoft Financials and/or Wolf Reports systems. If no experience with these systems, please enter "No experience".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with Docusign.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References