Assistant Professor, Health Studies
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAssistant Professor, Health StudiesJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 15, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by December 6, 2019. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (December 6, 2019) may not be given full consideration.
The University of Rhode Island’s Department of Health Studies invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the area of health policy, health services, global health, or another area of public health. The position is at the Assistant Professor level. The position will be an academic year appointment with an expected start date of August 2020.
The Department is located within the recently formed College of Health Sciences, which is part of the University’s Academic Health Collaborative along with the colleges of Pharmacy and Nursing, and the Institute for Integrated Health and Innovation. The Health Studies Department is recognized for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service and for our commitment to diversity. Our Department has approximately 450 undergraduates and 4 faculty members. For more information about the Department of Health Studies, please visit https://web.uri.edu/health-studies/.
The successful candidate is expected to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in Health Studies (e.g., health services, health administration, research methods), mentor and advise undergraduate students, and have an active research agenda.
1. A PhD, DrPH, or comparable terminal doctoral degree in a related field (or ABD with doctorate conferred by September 2020).
2. Demonstrated active research program in health related field.
3. Demonstrated ability to teach at the collegiate level.
4. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
1. Masters in public health (MPH) or Masters in public administration (MPA), Masters in public policy, or experience working in health policy.
2. Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship.
3. Strong quantitative research skills.
4. Ability to attract external funding.
5. Ability to teach online.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.UnionAAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation Department Information DepartmentHealth StudiesContact(s)Contact EmailCampus LocationKingstonGrant FundedNoExtension Contingent on Funding DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Letter of application including a summary of qualifications for the position (as one complete pdf doc).
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) Research Statement including a three-year research plan (as one complete pdf doc).
(#4) “Other Document” – the names and contact information of three professional references.Posting Information Position Number106542Posting NumberF00172Posting Date10/11/2019Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6541Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a PhD, DrPH, or comparable terminal doctoral degree in a related field (or ABD with doctorate conferred by September 2020)?
- * Do you have demonstrated active research program in health related field?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to teach at the collegiate level?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral