Assistant Professor, English Language Arts
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAssistant Professor, English Language ArtsJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Search will remain open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December 15 , 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 15, 2020. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (January 15, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
The University of Rhode Island’s School of Education invites applications for a full-time position in elementary education with specialization in English language arts and special education focus beginning in Fall 2020 as a tenure track assistant professor. The URI School of Education’s elementary teacher education program prepares students for RI certification in grades 1 – 6.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include developing and maintaining an appropriate agenda of research and funding; teaching courses for elementary teacher education and special education, including, but not limited to methods of teaching language arts, methods of teaching students with special needs, and early literacy; advising undergraduate and graduate students; and engaging in local, state, and national professional service.
1. Ph.D./Ed.D. in Education or a closely related field.
2. Expertise in elementary English language arts education and special education.
3. Record of scholarly activity commensurate with level of professional experience.
4. Experience as a teacher in a public elementary school setting.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
7. Experience working with diverse groups/populations.
1. Evidence of potential for developing, securing, and managing externally funded projects.
2. Demonstrated evidence of high-quality teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level.
3. Experience in teaching and/or research with diverse populations.
4. Experience in pre-service or in-service teacher education.
5. Three (3) or more years experience as a teacher in a public elementary school setting.
6. Experience in urban schools.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.UnionAAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation Department Information DepartmentSchool of EducationContact(s)Contact EmailCampus LocationKingstonGrant FundedNoExtension Contingent on Funding DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter including a description of how your qualifications match the requirements for the position.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae should include the names and contact information for three professional references (as one complete pdf doc).
(#3) Statement of teaching philosophy, including your approach to teaching a diverse student body (as one complete pdf doc).
(#4) “Other” – Statement of research interests.Posting Information Position Number106031Posting NumberF00171Posting Date10/10/2019Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6535Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Ph.D./Ed.D. in Education or a closely related field?
- * Do you have expertise in elementary English language arts education and special education?
- * Do you have record of scholarly activity commensurate with level of professional experience?
- * Do you have experience as a teacher in a public elementary school setting?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in oral communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have experience working with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral