In 2018, the University of North Florida (UNF) received the prestigious INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, the only application-based national award for U.S. colleges and universities that exhibit an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion across their campuses. In addition, UNF ranked highest among the 80 HEED institutions and was also recognized as a 2018 Diversity Champion.
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.Carnegie
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University’s collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF’s mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.Faculty Initiatives
The University of North Florida promotes the quality and effectiveness of education and strives to maintain the highest standards of academic excellence in all phases of instruction, research/scholarship/creative activity, and service.General Description / Primary Purpose
This position serves as the initial point of contact for the Office of the President and reports to the Administrative Services Manager. This is a high profile position and as such, requires an employee who is reliable with an elevated level of professionalism at all times. Due to the prominent guests coming in, the employee must be efficient and prompt in opening and preparing the office for business each day. The employee must create a positive working environment and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the front desk and guest area. The employee will receive phone calls and visitors; screen and direct callers to the appropriate staff or department. This position will also be responsible for assisting the divisional budget coordinator and other professional staff members (vice presidents, executive assistant to the president, administrative services manager) with special projects and events in the office. This position is customer service oriented and requires someone with good people skills, reliability, promptness, and excellent verbal communication skills. During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job related duties at a designated off campus location or place of residence.Essential Duties Job Function
• Open the office for daily business and close the office at the end of the business day. (Including, but not limited to, checking printers and copiers for paper and preparing coffee.)
• Answer phones and direct callers to the appropriate staff or UNF department.
• Greet incoming guests, including members of the Board of Trustees, Board of Governors, Senators and House Representatives, community constituents, students, faculty and staff.
• Support the Vice President of Governmental Affairs and Vice President of Data Analytics with daily tasks; meeting preparations and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Review, edit, and correct correspondence prepared by other offices for President’s signature.
• Maintain a schedule for the highly utilized President’s Conference Room; coordinate with university departments for reserving space for high profile meetings and guests, in addition to meetings hosted by the President and other high level administrators, which may include catering and parking for office events.
• Prepare the President’s Conference Room for meetings requiring conference phone and/or AV equipment.
• Maintain the schedule for the President’s reserved guest spaces and work with Parking Services to ensure spaces are being utilized by the appropriate guests.
• Responsible for golf cart (2), reservations and requesting routine maintenance to ensure carts are ready for use at all times.
• Responsible for catering for President’s Office events which includes consulting on budgets and coordination of all arrangements working with the catering vendor; conference room preparation and clean-up.
• Submits work orders through FAMIS Self-Service module for various work to be completed by Physical Facilities in the President’s Office and communicates status updates to office staff.
• Orders office supplies using the online portal with UNF’s contracted vendor; verifies order, distributes/stores items and submits invoice to budget officer.
• Assists with filing of financial records for the Divisional Budget Officer.
• Prepares items for overnight shipping using the online portal with UNF’s contracted vendor.
• Handles monthly ITS Phone VP Audit Call Reports and conference call billing and submits reports to the divisional budget officer by the 25th of the month.
• Annually reviews and updates the UNF Catalog introduction which includes institutional data regarding SAT and ACT scores, GPA’s, and student demographics
• Creates and maintains a current office procedures manual for the front desk.
• Shared responsibility with the other front desk administrative assistant keeping the conference room clean and ready for meetings, setting up for meetings in the conference room hosted by the President’s Office, and keeping the kitchen clean and organized.
• Serves as the backup to the other front desk administrative assistant.
High school diploma and seven years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Faculty Position Required QualificationsDepartmental Requirements
University experience is preferred. This incumbent must be professional and customer service oriented, requiring someone with interpersonal skills, reliability, promptness, and excellent communication skills. Must have experience with all Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); and preferably Content Management System (CMS) for creating and managing webpage content.Statement(s) of Understanding Definition
This position requires a background check. In conjunction with the University’s policy, this position may also require a credit check.
The holder of this position is designated as a “Responsible Employee” pursuant to their role under Title IX. Therefore, the incumbent must promptly report allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and child sexual abuse by or against any student, employee, contractor, or visitor to the University’s Title IX Administrator or any divisional Title IX Coordinator.Required Licensure or Certification
N/AMachines/Equipment used regularly
Telephones, Computer, Copier, Fax / ScannerAnticipated Start Date11/18/2019Job Posting Date10/10/2019Application Review Date10/28/2019Application DeadlineOpen Until FilledYesPoint of Contact InformationValerie Reynolds (904) 620-2500Hiring OfficialCeleste WatkinsLocation if not JacksonvilleSpecial Instructions
Applicants must complete an online application at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online will not be considered for this position. Once you submit your completed application you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Valerie Reynolds at [email protected]Quicklinkhttp://www.unfjobs.org/postings/12359Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- This position is eligible for veterans' preference under Florida law. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the Florida Department of Veterans' Affairs website by copying and pasting this link into another browser window: http://floridavets.org/benefits-services/veterans-preference/ If you claim veterans' preference, you may be asked for supplemental documentation, such as a DD-214. Do you meet one or more of these criteria, and claim Veterans' Preference?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation