Dining Room Server/Kitchen Helper
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberST140222Position TitleDining Room Server/Kitchen HelperDepartmentCulinary ArtsDivisionStudent DevelopmentLocationFull Time / Part Time? Part TimeSalary Range - Minimum$8.50/hrHours per week20 or lessTemporary? NoNumber of Daysn/a Posting Detail Information Posting Date09/30/2019Closing Date04/30/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
All applicants must be enrolled in the culinary arts program in good standing. Must be recommended by a culinary arts instructor before applying.
Must carry a minimum of 6 credit hours at JJC, a 2.0 GPA at JJC, and in good standing.Advertising SummaryLink to Career Services website
POSITION TITLE: Dining Room Server/Kitchen Helper
DEPARTMENT: Culinary Arts
REPORTS TO: Chef Instructor
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be available to help in Chef’s Table Kiosk and/or kitchen preparing food.
2. Be available to help in department office and with lab assistants as needed.
3. Work with vocational training program special needs students (VSFS).
4. Clean kitchen labs daily.
5. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Must be in the culinary arts program in good standing.
2. Must be recommended and approved by culinary arts instructor prior to applying.
3. Be knowledgeable of kitchen surroundings.
4. Must have good knife skills.
5. Must have a sanitation license.
6. Courteous, dependable, able to follow both oral and written instructions, and ability to work well with diverse population.
7. Exception: VSFS workers must be enrolled in education program, special needs education program and/or culinary arts program and must be approved by the VSFS Coordinator prior to applying.
1.Must be in the culinary arts program in good standing.
2.Must carry a minimum of 6 credit hours at JJC.
3.Willing to take instruction.
•Normal culinary lab physical demands.
•Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
•Must be able to operate standard culinary lab equipment.
•Be able to stand for extended period of times. 4 hour minimum.
•Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance, and cleanliness.
•Duties are performed indoors in the usual culinary lab/commercial kitchen environment.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.Compliance Announcement
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website : https://jjc.edu/about-jjc/police-and-safety
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you currently a student at Joliet Junior College and enrolled in at least 6 credit hours?
- Do you have at least a 2.0 grade point average at Joliet Junior College?If you are brand new to Joliet Junior College, and do not yet have a grade point average, use the GPA from your previous institution.
- Cover Letter