College Work Study Athletics-Sports Information
Posting DetailsPosition Information Student Employment TypeCollege Work StudyPosition TitleCollege Work Study Athletics-Sports InformationPosting NumberStu00672Recruitment TypeCCGA Students Only Position Summary Information Nature of Work
Student will assist the Sports Information Director and Game Operations Manager with all aspects of the sports information office, specific duties to be assigned upon hiring.
This is a part-time student position reporting to the Sports Information Director. The weekly schedule will be assigned by the supervisor in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. The work schedule is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Students are not to work during scheduled class time, even if class is cancelled or dismissed early.Essential Duties
- Extends excellent customer service to faculty, staff, students and visitors
- Assists with the writing of press releases and other stories related to CCGA Athletics
- Assists with creating game programs and other Athletics Department promotional materials
- Helps with updating and maintaining the Athletics website (www.coastalgeorgiasports.com)
- Helps with game operations duties at home athletics events which may include in-game statistics, scorekeeping, clock operation, video streaming, photography, or public address announcing
- Assists with monitoring of department social media accounts
- Assists with maintaining statistical archives and historical records
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Dependability and punctuality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of software programs
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Interest in pursuing a career in a related field such as sports journalism, sports management, or sports marketing is preferred, but not required
- Practical experience with programs like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop is preferred, but not required.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date08/01/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?
- Has Federal College Work Study funds been offered to you on your award letter in COAST? You will need to upload a copy of your award letter when prompted to do so.
- Are you willing to work flexible hours?
- Are you a current employee at the College of Coastal Georgia?
- Cover Letter
- Coast Award Letter