Director of Facilities and Risk Management #999734
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
The Director of Facilities and Risk Management aides in the responsibility for general administration management and supervision of the routine, preventative, predictable, and emergency maintenance of all facilities and related equipment. Works with all facilities and college personnel to accomplish the mission of the college. Reporting to this position are Facility Technicians with monitoring of custodial and food services contracts. Maintain satellite campuses at the Frank Robinson Center in Silsbee and Fire Training Grounds in Beaumont. Also responsible for risk management for the campus including safety monitoring and training.
Major Essential Job Functions:
•Prepare and maintain project schedules, charts, critical dates, action item list and other related documents associated with projects.
•Organize establish and maintain accurate documentation and filing system including TSUS Rules and Regulations, procedures, compliance codes, project documents, and related correspondence.
•Develop policies and procedures to simplify, expedite, and overall enhance the operation of the department in compliance with all governing rules and regulations as established by the State of Texas, The TSUS system, and the Facilities Management department
•Coordinate and schedule meetings and events, and manage the calendar and work order program.
•Facilitates purchasing for the department.
•Handle facility work orders and issues and aid in communication of facilities.
•Maintain Fleet documentation including the scheduling of campus vehicles, and information on employees requirements to use campus vehicles.
•Responsible for Business Continuity Plan, Emergency Operations Plan, Hurricane Plan and all others.
•Handle Risk Management for the campus including reporting and compliance.
•Supervise Facility Technicians.
•Maintain contract for custodial and food services.
•Serve on assigned Institute committees and assist in college-wide planning and implementation.
•Evaluate the performance and establish goals for all of the subordinates reporting to this position.
•Coordinate and schedule regulatory inspections by state or contracted personnel, and initiate any corrective action that may be necessary as a result of those inspections.
•Coordinate with LUPD and LIT campus office on safety and security.
•Coordinate all Emergency Management training and incidents.
•Work with LUPD on campus communication.
•Responsible for emergency calls on weekends and off hours.
•Engaged in long-term planning of deferred maintenance.
•Experience with custodial.
•Experience with construction.
•Experience with HVAC, electrical, and other key trades.
•Responsible for monitoring weather events and for ride out and immediate response after the storm of campus and facilities.
Secondary Essential Job Functions:
•Demonstrate project management skills and ability to prioritize projects.
•Ability to be a self-starter with hands-on approach and show initiative and resourcefulness.
•Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
Minimum Education Required:
* Possession of valid operator’s license.
* Associates degree or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training.
Minimum Experience Required:
* Minimum of six years of facilities experience.
* Experience in Risk Management.
* Experience with facilities purchasing and state requirements.
* Minimum of three years experience in supervising.
·Must be accessible 24 hours a day (with back up) and available during weather events.
·Extensive experience and knowledge in using computers and software such as Microsoft program; Banner and E-builder preferred.
·Ability to work independently with general direction for the routine administration of the functions of facilities including knowledge of work order process and customer service skills.
·Must possess interpersonal communications in order to interact effectively with people inside and outside of the college community to include architects, engineers, faculty, TSUS staff, members of the Board of Regents, Civic and state officials and departmental representatives, staff and students, and others in the field and office.
·Must be thorough and accurate in the development, preparation, and execution of all documents related to the operation of the department.
·Demonstrate the ability to be a creative thinker and problem solver.
·Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
·Travel as required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with moderate noise.
LIT Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelors degree preferred.
Higher Education experience preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$68,000-$75,000Work Hours Application Details Open Date10/10/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School
- Some College
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- * In what subject did you receive your degree(s)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently hold a valid driver's license?
- * When does your driver's license expire?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years work of experience in facilities in higher education do you have ?
- 6 months to 1 year
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 6+ years
- * How many years of Risk Management experience do you have?
- 6 months to 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 -5 years
- 6+ years
- Letter of Interest