Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Employee Engagement, this position is responsible for successfully delivering all facets of executive recruitment throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the completion of comprehensive recruitment consultations, targeted strategies, competitor analysis, creative sourcing, professional networking and specific organization and candidate lists.
Consistently applies the UMMS values of integrity, a commitment to diversity, collegiality and operational excellence in the accomplishment of our mission of advancing the health and well-being of the commonwealth and the world through pioneering advances in education, research and health care delivery. Responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with our commitment to civility and code of conduct, as detailed in UMMS policies, especially with respect to Confidentiality, and Conflict of Interest.Responsibilities
- Develop strong consultative relationships with hiring managers to gain an in-depth understanding of the position, business and department.
- Partner with clients to design and implement the overall recruiting strategy for executive leadership positions effectively.
- Develop applicant search profiles via recruitment consultations, job analysis, technical skills, general competencies and specific success factors.
- Effectively brand UMMS employer of choice environment to candidates.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to identify applicant screening and candidate assessment criteria and evaluation processes.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Collaborate with compensation, immigration and/or other appropriate departments to facilitate recruiting efforts as required.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates by leveraging professional networks, industry contacts, alumni groups, association memberships, professional groups and employees.
- Develop aggressive sourcing methods to find the best talent by leveraging multiple channels, including but not limited to: direct sourcing, internet recruiting, professional networking, advertising, job and industry career fairs, university / alumni recruiting, and competitor contacts.
- Build the UMMS Executive Talent Community via outreach and relationship building.
- Screen candidates’ resumes, evaluate candidate qualifications and recommend candidates for interviews.
- Oversee, schedule, and conduct all interviews and assessments; ensuring that all applicants are scheduled for in-person interviews receive appropriate recruitment information and materials.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and sensitivity to hiring manager business needs in attracting high caliber talent for open positions within UMMS.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Professionally present offers of employments to executive candidates.
- Play an integral role in all talent acquisition initiatives designed to improve overall service delivery.
- Ensure the effective implementation of talent acquisition processes in accordance with UMMS policies, practices and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures quality seamless customer service in a timely and customer-focused manner.
- Work closely with Diversity and Inclusion Office to support diversity recruitment and selection processes are in accordance with UMMS overall diversity initiatives.
- Promote Good Faith Efforts for recruitment of under- represented minority groups aligned with UMMS hiring initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or a related discipline.
- 7-9 years of full cycle recruiting experience including executive recruitment.
- Ability to develop a qualified pool of candidates by utilizing aggressive sourcing methods and solid talent acquisition and strategic sourcing expertise including a thorough understanding of best practices, techniques and technology.
- Sourcing and/or social media recruitment expertise.
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant legislation governing recruitment.
- Familiarity with EEO and Affirmative Action policies and procedures and their application to recruitment strategies
- Demonstrative commitment to inclusive hiring practices and the ability to support diversity in workforce recruitment and retention.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and applicant tracking system platforms.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations