Social Sciences Division Adjunct Instructor
Social Sciences Division Adjunct InstructorEmployee Group:
Part-time instructor, teach days and/or evenings FA, WI, SP, or SSPosition Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative adjunct instructors for the Social Sciences Division who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and general courses in traditional classroom and/or blended/hybrid settings as needed in the Social Sciences Division at Delta College.
Social Sciences Disciplines:
Applied Behavior Studies | Child Development | Communication | Criminal Justice | Economics | Education | Geography | Global Peace Studies | History | Political Science | Psychology | Sociology | Youth Services
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Master’s degree in specific discipline or closely related field with at least 18 hours of successful graduate level coursework in specific discipline
- Ability to teach on a Delta campus
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Recent experience in teaching the specific discipline in an active learning environment
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.
- Course assignment is dependent on the applicant’s qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
- If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Arts and Letters Division.