Physical Therapist II
At StonyBrook Medicine, a TH Physical Therapist isa valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patientpopulation.
Qualified candidateswill demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communicationskills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Physical Therapist in the Center mayinclude the following but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate competency in all aspects ofplanning and providing PT treatment programs including patient evaluation andtherapeutic techniques. Advances clinical competency as appropriate. Mayprovide care for: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatricpatients.
- Demonstates competency inprofessional skills necessary to coordinate patient care with other members of the health care team, patient and family. Appropriately participates inpatient's care plan.
- Demonstrates effective: organizational skills;time management skills; efficiency; productivity. Maintains accurate, clear andconcise patient documentation. Completes all required statistical documentationaccurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effectivecommunication with patients (age appropriate), family, members of the healthcare team, supervisors, and peers. Provides effective patient and familyeducation, with consideration to patient's age, learning needs, barriers tolearning and learning preferences. Demonstrates respect for patient/familycultural and religious needs.
- Maintains a safe patient careenvironment. Demonstrates respect forpatient privacy.
- Participates in departmentalprograms, committees, and quality improvement initiatives as assigned. Provides supervision to physical therapystudents and volunteers. Assists withthe orientation and training of new staff within the department (as assigned).Participates in departmental inservice program by providing and attending staffinservices.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Physical Therapyfrom an approved
andaccredited institution. New York State Physical Therapy Licensure/Registrationrequired.
Preferred: Two years' experience inacute care hospital setting, two years' experience in an outpatient setting. Lymphedema certified or willing to be trained.
SpecialNote: StonyBrook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere oncampus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass daysand shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing ofrespiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully cleara background investigation. Prior to start date, the selectedcandidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully completepre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from StonyBrook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will beresponsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) writtenreferences, and provide a copy of any required New York Statelicense(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any ofthe above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocationof the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with thebest people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the powerof ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates andelevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patientcare. Stony Brook Medicine isLong Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as theregion’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home tothe Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’sHospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook DigestiveDisorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 RegionalPerinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated ComprehensivePsychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the ChristopherPendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is homeof the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony BrookUniversity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We arecommitted to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. Weencourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women andminorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED ADISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCESERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMANRESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OURCRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CANALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Field: Physical Therapy
Primary Location: US-NY-East Setauket
Shift: Day Shift
Posting Start Date: Oct 11, 2019
Posting End Date: Nov 10, 2019, 10:59:00 PM