Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-11
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
This person will support the daily operations of the UMIT training function and implementation teams in facilitating learning related to software applications and systems that fulfill the mission of the university.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with assigned client’s on course development in technology related areas such as ERP systems; Microsoft related software programs and other UMIT supported systems.
• Identifies and creates professional development programs to ensure effected employees have the necessary skills to succeed.
• Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with managers, supervisors and subject matter experts to determine target audience needs and develop training content.
• Ensures training policies, programs, and schedules are implemented based on knowledge of identified training needs.
• Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role-play, and computer-based training.
• Implement feedback from program reviews.
• Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games etc.).
• Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
• Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
• Trains assigned instructors and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training.
• Assists Training team in facilitating Instructor-led sessions as needed.
• Presents and makes recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA)
• Must possess critical thinking skills, exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities and the ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
• Working knowledge of adult learning principles.
• Understanding and demonstrated ability in evaluation techniques and tools for transfer of learning.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team.
• Knowledge of media development and instructional design software.
• Must have good lesson and curriculum planning skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
• Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, Distance Learning or related field.
• Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
Work Experience Requirements
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
• 3 years of work related experience preferred, with at least 2 years developing training plans based on needs assessments.
• Prefer experience in developing on-line learning.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104