Secretary (Part Time)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-10-11
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
This person will provide secretarial and clerical support to the Departments of Religious Studies and Classics. Provide staff support for the academic and fiscal activities in the main office of the departments.
• Answer telephones, take messages, answer routine questions, and transfer calls to appropriate individual
• Greet visitors, handle their inquiries or direct them accordingly to the appropriate person
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes as needed
• Compose correspondence and answer general e-mail inquiries
• Maintain calendar and schedule meetings, conferences, workshops, lectures, etc., to include any required catering needs for the meeting, and handle travel arrangements.
• Under the supervision of the Office Manager, prepare financial forms (Expense Reports, POs, work orders, etc.) as needed
• Assist with account reconciliation
• Assist with filing, scanning, copying, and faxing
• Create course booklets each semester for both departments
• Update students’ files according to majors and minors respectively
• Create flyers for departmental events and courses
• Review incoming/outgoing mail and distribute as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• One year of relevant work experience
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102