Insurance Verification Representative
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-11
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Miller School of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a
The Insurance Verification Representative ensures that proper insurance authorizations are processed prior to patients’ appointments to ensure a smooth and efficient visit for the patients.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Calls insurance companies and patients to verify insurance information.
2. Obtains authorization for HMO patients.
3. Verifies claims are mailed to the proper address.
4. Contacts physicians to obtain authorizations or referrals.
5. Contacts patient to obtain additional information when necessary.
6. Responds to customer inquiries regarding insurance coverage for services and processing of claims.
7. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
· Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
· Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
· Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
· Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
· Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102