Sponsor Funded Office/Clerical | Research Assistant
DescriptionThe COAS, Biology Department is seeking to hire a Sponsor Funded Office/Clerical - Research Assistant. The scope of responsibilities for this position include these essential duties, but is not limited to, the following,
- Assist in the daily functions of diagnostic testing, which specifically include the fulfillment of the following duties:
- Quality control antigen
- Quality control and maintain equipment
- Unpack, organize, store and retrieve samples received for diagnostic testing
- Dispose of chemicals, sharps, and bio-waste
- Prepare buffers and solutions
- Prepare and transfer gels
- Check and maintain liquid nitrogen dewars
- Assist in scheduling, organizing and reporting of test completed daily, i.e., PCR, Western Blot and ELISA by fulfilling the following duties:
- Setup testing areas
- Complete supply inventory
- Test result database entry
- Carry out experiments and research according to protocols and collects data through complex techniques and procedures.
- Assist in interpreting, synthesizing and analyzing data produced daily.
- Regularly meet with supervisor to maintain ongoing communication regarding tasks that support research and diagnostic activities
QualificationsBachelor's degree; or high school diploma or GED and four years of related research experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/18/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: College of Arts & Sciences
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/09/19, 3:25:56 PM