Assistant Director, External Relations - Honors College
DescriptionThe Honors College is recruiting for an Assistant Director, External Relations. This position will be housed within the Honors College in Centennial Hall, report to the Director of Communications and collaborate closely with administrative, advising and admissions staff.
The Honors College at Georgia State University offers talented and motivated undergraduate students the experience of a highly selective, small college combined with the breadth of programs and opportunities of a large, public research university in the heart of Atlanta. The scope of responsibility will include these specific duties/areas, but is not limited to the following: Event Management and Coordination
- Lead Honors College staff members by planning, executing, and evaluating all logistics for major internal and external events in the Honors College (i.e. Induction, Graduation, Founders Lecture series, Georgia State Undergraduate Research Conference, Scholarship Day, Evening with President Becker, etc.).
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Honors College’s major external constituencies, which include: deans, department chairs, faculty, admissions staff, and alumni relations staff.
- Collaborate with Honors College staff, campus representatives, and community partners to plan and execute Honors College events.
- Develop and implement exit survey for recent Honors College graduates to evaluate processes and document student experiences and report results to Honors College staff.
- Attend regular meetings with alumni relations and events professionals from colleges and university alumni association/events management and serve as college liaison for university wide alumni.
- Develop affinity for the Honors College among essential Honors constituents by engaging them in functions of the college and building relationships among current students, alumni and parents/family members.
- Develop content for alumni and parent/family strategic communication (e.g.,newsletter, social media), working in conjunction with the College Director of Communications.
- Create, with the Director of Development and Director of Communications, recognition opportunities for alumni (e.g., Alumni Association’s 40 Under 40).
- Regularly survey alumni to document lifetime achievement and maintain accurate alumni database.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Honors College Parents Club.
- Present Parents Club resources to incoming family members during New Student Orientation and related parent events.
- Actively engage and maintain relationships with Honors College young alumni by serving as the advisor and consultant of the Alumni Advisory Board.
- Involve alumni and parents in major events such as Honors College Founders Lecture Series, Dean’s Society Breakfast, Graduation ceremony, Induction, Homecoming, Admissions recruiting and yield events.
- Develop alumni networking strategies.
- Assist Director of Communications in branding efforts and standards in regard to event materials and branded giveaway materials.
- Recruit, select, train, and manage the Honors College Ambassador Corps, a team of 30+ student leaders who serve as formal representatives of the college at internal and external events.
- Select, train, and directly supervise two university assistants.
- Work with event volunteers (i.e.. guest speakers, alumni, current students, and staff) to ensure all constituents are trained and prepared for event execution.
- Conduct training, as needed, for all event volunteers (faculty, staff, students, etc.) for event preparation.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and three years of related supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/18/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Honors College
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/09/19, 10:59:32 AM