Temporary - Maintenance
Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number TEMP000890Classification TitleTemporary - MaintenancePosition TitleEagle Dining Services - Office Assistant (Armstrong Savannah Campus)Department3902300101-Eagle Dining ServicesLocationPosition Summary
Eagle Dining Central Office (Savannah,Georgia). The Temporary Staff Assistant assists the department in the day-to-day operations and serves as a primary point of contact for visitors to Eagle Dining Services.
• Provides excellent customer service, greeting customers and callers to the department.
• Completes administrative functions such as filing paperwork and utilizing a multi-line phone system to answer and transfer phone calls
• Runs campus errands such as picking up information from Food Service units and completing deliveries, and assumes cashier duties if needed.
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma or equivalentCould a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience Required
One or more years of work-related experienceCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment.Preferred ExperiencePreferred EducationPreferred ExperienceSalary Range$8.00 - $9.00 per hour temporary: non-benefitsJob Open Date10/10/2019Job Closing Date10/25/2019Position StatusFull-TimeSpecial Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/63271Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand this position is located in Savannah,Georgia?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a temporary position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Do you have one or more years of work related experience?
- * Do you have the ability to use PC computers and effectively utilize Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases?
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
- * Have you ever been employed at Armstrong State University and/or Georgia Southern University?
- * If you answered "yes" to the previous questions, please list dates of employment
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document