Coffeehouse Food Service Worker
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-17
Job Description SummaryPrepare a variety of foods/beverages according to customers’ orders or supervisor’s instructions, follow approved procedures.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Portion and wrap food or prepare for service to patrons
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Clean service station and equipment
- Prepare a variety of foods/beverages according to customers’ orders or supervisor’s instructions, follow approved procedures
- Follow all HACCP rules and regulations
- Wash, peel and cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving
- Stock serving areas and refrigerators
- Set up and breakdown stations, keep records of temperatures and amounts of foods used
- Cover, label and date all leftover foods for storage
- Perform other tasks as assigned or required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interact with staff members, students, parents and others in a professional manner
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent or one year’s restaurant or industry experience.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.