Instructor, Nursing (Medical Surgical)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleInstructor, Nursing (Medical Surgical)Position TypeFacultyTenure InformationTenure TrackPosition Code2FHS23FTE1Pay Rate (or Annual Salary)$62,035 - $88,687/annualFLSAExemptJob LocationChabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545DepartmentHealth Sciences, P.E. and AthleticsJob Summary
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking to fill an Instructor, Nursing (Medical Surgical) position for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
The position reports directly to the Division Dean.Representative Duties
In this role the instructor shall:
1. Provide instruction in accordance with established Chabot College approved curriculum and course outlines for medical surgical nursing in theory and practice.
2. Maintain currency in the field of medical surgical nursing and application of QSEN.
3. Ability to work in clinical setting two days per week, days and evening schedule as required.
4. Be familiar with simulation techniques for medical surgical applications.
5. Be familiar with electronic charting requirements in clinical.
6. Be able to work the required full-time schedule consisting of approximately 37.5 hours per week which includes office hours as required.
7. Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
8. Supervise students in a clinical setting and skills lab.
9. Have the ability to develop, maintain, and evaluate curriculum.
10. Function as a liaison with clinical facility personnel and other outside agencies to establish and maintain clinical rotations.
11. Willing to participate in professional development, student and other educational activities in accordance with the college policy.
12. Effectively teach and communicate with students of diverse backgrounds.
13. Develop and maintain, and evaluate curriculum.
14. Interact with faculty and staff in areas of instruction and participate in the development of instructional methods, technology, and materials.
15. Prepare and grade class assignments and evaluations based on nursing program standards.
16. Post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
17. Participate in campus/college activities, serve on committees, and attend faculty meetings.
18. Demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
19. Make client assignments in clinical the day before students attend clinical.
20. Assume responsibility for orientation to clinical facility, and comply with all policy and procedures in clinical setting.
21. Instruct topics as assigned, prepare associated materials.
22. Assist in the preparation of the simulation lab for scenario development and training of students.Minimum Education and Experience
1. Master’s Degree** in Nursing or higher from an accredited college or university, which includes courses in nursing, education or administration.a. *Degrees in Progress: To be conferredon or before January 1, 2020 will beconsidered, provided that the applicantalso submits (1) an up-to-datetranscript, (2) a photocopy of thedegree requirement from the schoolcatalog, and (3) proof of currentcourse(s) and enrollment. Pleaseprovide your explanation andbackground material by using theoptional document upload called“Other Document”. If you are unable toupload the above, please upload adocument in its place and state you willbe sending the documents to the Officeof Human Resources, 7600 DublinBoulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568,by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
2. Appointment to this position contingent upon approval by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). 1425 and 1424.
3. Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to medical surgical nursing clinical practice and experience in assisting and evaluating students.
4. Applicant shall hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Required to upload a copy of the license front and back.
5. Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR Card. Required to upload a copy of the signed card, front and back.
6. Current immunization records for PPD, Titer reports for MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C. Immunization record for Tdap. N95 mask fit test as required by area hospitals.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.Minimum QualificationsDesirable Qualifications
1. Experience teaching undergraduate courses related to nursing including classroom lectures.
2. Knowledge of major theoretical frameworks with preference to having experienced and/or familiarity with the application of Roy Adaption Model.
3. Demonstrate respect for the rights and needs of students.
4. Demonstrate respect for staff, colleagues, and the teaching profession.
5. Communicates effectively in English, both in written and oral form.
6. Current in the field and application of QSEN.
7. Maintain currency in the field of nursing and followed the faculty mandates of the California Board of Registered Nursing.Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Spring 2020. Employment will begin on or about January 1, 2020.Physical Demands and Working Environment
Must be able to function as a registered nurse in the hospital setting and be able to stand in this capacity for 8 hours.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.Posting Detail Information Posting NumberF91POpen Date10/08/2019Close Date11/07/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsNotification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- California Registered Nursing License
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification
- Immunization Record
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement