ASCOCC Director of Legislative Affairs*Student Position*
Posting DetailsApplication Instructions
Please read carefully before applying:You must provide all information requested on the application form (resumes will not be considered as a substitute for the application). Initial screening by Human Resources for minimum requirements is based on your APPLICATION ONLY (supporting documents will not be reviewed during initial screening). Incomplete applications will not be considered by hiring committees. You will have an opportunity to upload supporting documents for committee consideration during this online application process.Position Information Posting Number:06001293Position Title:ASCOCC Director of Legislative Affairs*Student Position*Posting Date:04/02/2019Closing Date:Open Until Filled (notes):Open Unitl filledLength of Position:Temporary, For Academic YearAnticipated Start Date:Position Type/Employee Class:Temporary PT HourlyFTE:< .50 FTESalary Level:Monthly StipendStarting Pay RangeHours per Week:12 hours per weekWork Schedule:Work Schedule May VaryDays of the Week:Scheduled Days May VaryJob Summary/Purpose:
Serve as legislative connection to statewide student associations.
Terms of Employment:
• This is a part-time (<.50 FTE) Temporary Hourly/Non-Benefited position
• Requires flexible work schedule, which may include evenings and/or weekends as well as travel throughout the district when needed.
• Upon hire, must pass criminal and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered.
1.Legislative connection to statewide student associations, COCC administration, COCC Board of Directors, local, state and national legislators
2.In partnership with the Office of Student Life organizes and oversees student voter registration and voter education
3.Advocates on behalf of student concerns and issues on a state and national level
4.Works with students to identify campus wide concerns as appropriate
5.Generates a legislative report once per term
6.Coordinate annual Oregon Council of Student Services Administrators’ certification binder
7.Recruit at least one student to sit on the Oregon Students of Color Coalition and one student to sit on the Oregon Student Equal Rights Association Board
8.Abide by all sections of ASCOCC’s Constitution, By Laws, and Policies and Procedures.
9.Be able to function effectively in an office environment.
10.Regularly attend ASCOCC Council Meetings and Quorums.
11.Represent the Students of COCC ethically, responsibly, and equally.
Working hours are regular per the established work schedule. Computer screen is used more than 50 percent of the time. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. ASCOCC will accommodate ADA requirements to perform job duties.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, martial status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other protected classes under Federal and State statutes in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resource office at 541-383-7216.Minimum Qualifications:
1.Must have a minimum COCC cumulative 2.0 GPA
2.Must maintain a minimum six (6) COCC credits
1.Past experience working in an office environment.
2.Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
THIS RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR COCC STUDENT ONLY.
Note that you may be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.Is a Criminal History Check required?YesIs a Credit History Check Required?NoOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- No High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Professional Certification or License (not a degree)
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Progress
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree In Progress
- Masters Degree
- Ph.D. in Progress
- Other Doctorate Level Degree
- * Are you enrolled or planning on enrolling in at least 6 credits through COCC this term?
- * Is your cumulative COCC GPA at 2.0 or above?
- * Background checks are required for all employees of COCC. Should an offer of employment be made to you and accepted by you, you will receive an email from COCC / HireRight Screening requesting your consent and basic information to complete the check. The offer of employment will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of the criminal background check. Confirmed findings on a criminal background check will not automatically disqualify you from being hired into a position. Results are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, considering the job responsibilities and other risk factors. Additional information regarding COCC’s criminal history check policy can be found online in the General Procedures Manual, Section HR-2-1. Please indicate here if you will provide consent to the criminal history check when requested by the College:
- Yes, I will provide my consent when requested
- No, I will not provide my consent when requested
- * Are you a U.S. military veteran? (COCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. To receive veterans preference in this recruitment process, you must upload your DD214 or DD215 form as supporting documentation. You will have the opportunity to upload the document in the next step of this application process.)
- Yes, I am a veteran
- No, I am not a veteran
- If you have identified yourself as a qualified veteran or disabled veteran by submitting your DD214 or DD215 form as proof of veteran status, please describe any transferable skills earned during your military service that you feel relate to the requirements/preferences of this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Reference Worksheet
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- College Transcript 1 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 2 (unofficial)
- US Military DD 214
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
- Other Document 5
- Award Overview
- License or Certification