Certification and Accreditation Specialist
The Certification and Accreditation Specialist in the School of Education will provide direct support regarding state and national accreditation, compliance and certification in addition to providing direct support for all graduate programs within the School of Education. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
- Develop and maintain systems to collect and manage data on student admissions, placement, performance, program benchmarks and state assessments to ensure compliance with state and national accreditation standards
- Serve as our internal compliance officer for both state and national accreditation and attend state and national meetings to stay abreast of accreditation requirements
- Work directly with the Dean and faculty to prepare data and narratives for annual AAQEP reporting and periodic accreditation visits
- Gather and maintain data for state and federal reporting requirements
- Prepare and submit the annual MOSIS report for the Annual Performance Report (APR) required of all Educator Preparation Programs (EPP)
- Prepare and submit the Title II reports for federal compliance twice a year
- Serve as the certification officer for all current graduate students and alumni seeking certification in leadership
- Develop and maintain systems to collect and manage data on student admissions, placement, performance, and state assessments to ensure eligibility for initial and advanced certification by DESE
- Attend State meetings to stay abreast of certification requirements
- Assist the Dean and Graduate Admissions in the marketing of programs and securing of candidates and communicate with graduate program directors regarding applications and inquiries for all graduate programs
- Prepare reports from Salesforce for each program regarding applications and inquiries and track the status of each applicant:
- Prepare acceptance and denial documents for all candidates
- Assure website is accurate, up to date, and in alignment with current practice
- Chair the Graduate Admissions Committee
- Operational duties as assigned
•Bachelor degree in Education or related field from an accredited University
•Understanding of the structure of unit assessment systems
•Knowledge of computer-based data management and spreadsheet programs
•Knowledge of Accreditation process
•Ability to work in a team setting
•Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with external constituencies
•Ability to multi-task and flexibly respond to interruptions
•Master degree preferred
•Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce
•Understanding of undergraduate and graduate programs within the School of Education
•Knowledge of teacher and administrator certification
•An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
•Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Maryville website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- INSIGHT Into Diversity
- Inside Higher Ed
- Diversity Awareness Partnership
- Personal referral
- If you answered "Other" please elaborate on where you learned of this opening:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
- Cover Letter