HR Payroll/Data Management Manager
Job location: OC - Central Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-25
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitleHR Payroll/Data Management ManagerJob Description SummaryMontgomery College has an immediate need for a full-time Human Resources Payroll/Data Management Manager in the Human Resources Strategic Talent Management Department (HRSTM). This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 33 position. The work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the end-to-end payroll life cycle to ensure all payroll functions are completed in accordance with established timelines, College Policies and Procedures and Federal, State and Local statutory regulations. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of data management and business processes related to hiring, updating, maintaining and terminations within the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the payroll life cycle to include interaction with HR Records, Benefits, Risk Management, Employee Relations, Foundation, Budget, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Grants, General Ledger, IT, Legal, College-Wide Departments, Faculty, Students, Staff and Payroll Tax Agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll software and supporting processes to ensure compliance with College Calendars, College Policies and Procedures as well as Federal, State and Local statutory regulations.
- Responsible for all payroll-related reconciliations, payroll tax filings, reconciliation of related general ledger accounts, and payroll related accounting reports.
- Provides leadership and manages the Data Management team, consisting of 5 full-time and 2 part-time/temporary staff, in addition to 2 full-time payroll staff.
- Guides the establishment of and oversees the adherence to data protocols through auditing processes, thereby ensuring the accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools; establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in payroll and data management.
- Significant knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of human resources management and the operations of an organization, especially an educational institution. An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training is acceptable to meet the experience requirement.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of payroll and data management.
- Working knowledge of Federal, state legislation and local laws applicable to the governing payroll and data management.
- Skills in: conducting human resources management (HR functional areas) studies; performing mathematical and statistical calculations; use of computer applications including HRIS and office support systems and applications and statistical report tools; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of management, employees and contractors; developing recommendations; communicates clearly, effectively and with tact to include writing clear, succinct reports and recommendations in a variety of mediums and to all levels of employees; and, negotiates complex issues with department heads and managers.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Certified Payroll Professional
- SPHR, PHR or IPMA-HR
- Experience in supervising and leading teams with HR and data management or similar environment.
- Payroll experience in all aspects of automated payroll life cycle including payroll taxes and payroll accounting.
- Experience and knowledge with Banner and/or Workday Knowledge of cloud based technology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads to meet project deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Client-centered focus providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by November 1, 2019.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, November 1, 2019Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplaceFor disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353or send an email to: [email protected]Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promotingequal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.