Post Doctoral Researcher #443406, #443407, #443408
Position DetailsPosting NumberClassification TitlePosition TitlePost Doctoral Researcher #443406, #443407, #443408FTE1.00FLSASalaryCommensurateJob Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University invites applications for 3 post-doctoral research positions at the Center for Midstream Management and Science. The successful candidates are expected to work with the faculty, principal investigators, and undergraduate/graduate students in the College of Engineering to design experiments, engage in research activities, college and analyze data of complex natures, and drafts manuscripts for publication. Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level is a plus but not required. The preferred area of expertise can include but not limited to: chemical process modeling, statistical optimization, contaminate reduction in oil and gas streams, complex fluid transport, distributed sensor technology, reliability, predictive maintenance, advanced inspection technology, resilience, cyber-security, environmental, etc. The ideal candidates for this position are individuals who have excellent communication skills and are self-motivated and interested in developing a successful academic career.Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience)
Required Qualifications: A Ph.D. degree in engineering (or a closely related field) with a proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience and/or knowledge of optimization tools, statistical Design of Experiments, safe laboratory work practices, knowledge in analytical tools (i.e. HPLC, LC-MS, GC, etc.), and waste to resource conversions.Certification RequiredKey CompetenciesPhysical RequirementsWork HoursJob ConditionsEEO Statement
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Lamar Expectation of Quality
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.Disclaimer
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change. Lamar University reserves the right to revise, change or eliminate this job description at any time.
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to the needs of the university.
This Job Description is not intended to be a contract of employment or a legal document. Employment with Lamar University is at will, and may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this Job Description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Lamar University employees.Essential Functions Open Date10/10/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Applications are encouraged for immediate review with the interview process beginning October 2019, but will remain open until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, statements describing your leadership experience, Center goals, qualifications for this position, and three letters of reference online at: https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
If you have questions, please contact:
Dr. Tracy Benson, Midstream Department Search Committee Chair
College of Engineering
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * Do you have a PhD in Engineering (or a closely related field) with a proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals?
- * In what field did you earn your Doctorate degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * How many years of experience do you have in research and/or engineering?
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4-5 years
- More than 6 + years
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Leadership Philosophy
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1