Sep 30, 2019
A post-doctoral position is immediately available in the Division of Comparative Pathology at the Tulane National Primate Research Center, affiliated with the School of Medicine at Tulane University. The focus of research will be on the anti-HIV drug treatment in pregnancy and neonatal immune development in nonhuman primate model. The basic goals are to identify negative maternal and birth outcomes including metabolism, microbiota, epigenetic regulation and immune function. Candidates will conduct independent research requiring the use of research animals, as well as collaborate with research staff in experimental design, data analysis and manuscript writing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. PhD or equivalent degree in immunology and virology
2. Strong background in immunology, virology, as well as cellular and molecular biology.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. With enthusiasm about science, high self-motivation and creativity.
2. Dedication to research work and be highly productive.
3. Experiences with immunological/virological technique, and molecular biology.
4. Documented excellent skills for experimental design, data analysis and manuscript writing.
5. Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff in the laboratory.
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Reference
Application review starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.