Electrician, High Voltage
Electrician, High VoltageFac Serv Plant Operations
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
Plans, organizes and performs assigned functions in the installation, repair, renovation, modification, etc., of building high voltage distribution system. Performs maintenance on all high voltage distribution systems throughout all campuses. Performs switchgear cleaning, transformer testing, emergency generator servicing and testing. Performs other related duties as assigned or become apparent. This is an âEssential Personnelâ position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience as a journeyman electrician.
- Must hold a City of New Orleans Journeymanâs electrical license.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driverâs license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Experience in medium voltage cable testing and installation, electronic protection relays, utility metering and starters.
- Experience in preventive maintenance.