Coach, Lab School
Request/Posting Number 0712621
Classification Title Coach, Lab School
Working Title Assistant High School Drama Coach
Job Class # 520000
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) October to April ~ possibly be divided among multiple applicants
Department University High School - 07100000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The Lab School Coach is responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the program in accordance with Laboratory Schools and IHSA/IESA policies.
The coach is expected to carry out the School's responsibility in contributing to the educational development of the student through their work with (insert sport/activity here). The coach teaches important skills relevant to the activity, promotes teamwork, self discipline, sportsmanship and leadership in a supportive environment that fosters personal growth.
Required Qualifications 1. Must be CPR/AED Certified.
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Must be CPR/AED Certified.
Hiring Rate/Range $3820 prorated to start date and work availability
Work Hours Much of the work occurs after 3:00 p.m. and on weekends in and around schools.
Proposed Starting Date:
Posting date 10-10-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Contact Information Stacey Welter
Departmental Homepage http://www.uhigh.ilstu.edu/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Work Availability
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
3. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
4. Must be able to participate in practice.