Associate or Full Professor (WOT) and Division Chief, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gen...
Associate or Full Professor (WOT) and Division Chief, Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics
Oct 1, 2019
The University of Washington Department of Pediatrics in collaboration with Seattle Children’s is seeking a pediatric academic physician with a national reputation to lead a division of 58 faculty in Academic General Pediatrics.
The Division has established itself as one of the leading divisions of general pediatrics in the nation, and has an outstanding group of investigators, educators and clinicians. We value equity, advocacy, excellence, and innovation as we strive to promote compassionate, evidence-based care, especially to vulnerable children. We approach our work with joy and humility, engaging in community partnerships, striving for social justice, addressing the unique and evolving needs of every child, and shaping future generations of experts in pediatric care and research.
The Division has clinical programs at Seattle Children’s Hospital, Harborview Medical Center, the University of Washington, and various community-based sites in the Pacific Northwest. Faculty in General Pediatrics conduct research and are affiliated with research centers at the University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center and Seattle Children's Research Institute. The division is home to an outstanding residency training program, a T32 funded pediatric injury research fellowship, a health services and quality of care research fellowship, a child abuse medicine fellowship, and a sports medicine fellowship.
The Division works to advance child health at the local, regional, national, and international levels by:
- Leveraging the broad expertise of our faculty to engage in innovative scientific discovery and translate new knowledge into practice to address the evolving needs of pediatric care and population health.
- Training future generations of pediatric experts through excellence in mentorship and medical education.
- Striving for universal access to comprehensive, evidence-based, culturally congruent, and compassionate care in partnership with our diverse families and communities.
- Partnering with communities to address the social determinants of health and to collaboratively intervene on the policies and factors that influence these determinants.
- Fostering professional development and creating an inclusive environment that attracts and retains diverse and excellent faculty and staff.
Appointment as full time Associate Professor (without tenure due to funding) or Professor (without tenure due to funding) of Pediatrics at the University of Washington, School of Medicine, will be commensurate with experience, training and achievement. This is a 12-month service period position. Anticipated start date is Summer 2020.
All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service.
The successful candidate will also have an MD or DO or MD/DO combined (or foreign equivalent) and be board eligible or certified in pediatrics.
In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Interested candidates should submit a personal statement and curriculum vitae.