Manager of Annual Giving and Scholarship
Manager of Annual Giving and Scholarship
Job no: 493196
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: Manager Annual Giving and Scholarship
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Rate of Pay:$55,203 to $59,000 annual rate of pay.
Job Summary:The Manager of Annual Giving designs and executes the annual giving and scholarship program for the Foundation, including outreach activities through all delivery modes (special events, direct mail, phone appeal, online). Responsible for meeting annual giving fundraising and friend-raising goals, including personal solicitation efforts.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. 3 - 5 years of experience in development, alumni relations, business development/sales, or related field, and strong project management skills.
3. Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communication.
4. Engaging, resilient, positive, high energy personality. Critical thinker and creative problem solver who seeks win-win solutions, building bridges and relationships within and outside the organization.
5. Strong computer skills, including use of MS Office suite and a constituent relationship management (CRM) system. Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce experience a plus.
6. Experience in volunteer management a plus.
7. Discretion and professional judgment in a community-facing and institutional-facing role.
8. Demonstrated initiative and self-directed; focused, yet works extremely well on teams and in a collaborative environment.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Develops, maintains, and executes annual giving fundraising and friend-raising for the Foundation.
- Oversees Foundation’s scholarship and grant making programs.
- Assists with Foundation fundraising events.
- Designs and executes Foundation’s stewardship program for annual giving.
Other Duties:1. Other duties as assigned that pertain to the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 10/10/2019. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association(SSECCA) members that apply by 10/17/2019 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: October 22, 2019 Central Daylight Time