Senior Staff Assistant - Coordinator of Student Academic Services
Department:: Student Success
Locations:: Manhattan or Staten Island, NY
Posted:: Oct 9, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 48-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 87,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a full-time Coordinator of Student Academic Services (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant.) The Coordinator of Student Academic Services works with the Undergraduate Associate Dean's office to manage Academic Probation, Academic Integrity tracking, formal Service Grievances, and formal Academic Appeals.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Serve as a resource to students and insure that they understand college policy and receive fair and prompt consideration
- Track student issues, report regularly on trends, and make periodic recommendations for policy and process improvements
- Investigate and provide recommendations to Associate Deans in individual student situations
- Manage logistics of Grade Appeal and Academic Appeal hearings
- Perform proactive outreach to students and faculty advisors (Mentors)
- Act as the primary liaison to faculty and other departments in issues involving communication and faculty/staff development around issues of Academic Integrity
- Managing office communications including letters, outreach emails, and monitoring office email inbox.
- Represent Student Academic Services at division meetings and other college events.
This position is part of a team of professionals and support staff located throughout the state who operate in a team environment with regular (usually virtual) meetings.
- Masters Degree and three years of experience in Higher Education in Student Affairs, Student Services, Academic Advising, or related area
- Experience working with a diverse student body
- Excellent communication skills; experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as Colleague, Banner, or Peoplesoft
- Experience with Adult, non-traditional, and/or distance education students
- Experience working in a distributed environment
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or other student success software
- Experience using Microsoft EXCEL or running database queries
- This position will be located in our Manhattan or Staten Island Office
- May involve occasional travel
- May involve occasional evening hours
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Work hours are from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button :
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.