(Non-Benefited) Proctors - HCC Testing and Workforce Certification Center
Category:: Administrative Support
Department:: Testing & Workforce Certification Center
Locations:: Holyoke, MA
Posted:: Oct 10, 2019
Closes:: Oct 25, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: PT No Benefits
Ref. No.:: 20030
About Holyoke Community College:
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for.
For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 10,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Provides assistance to our test site via the administering and proctoring of all testing offered by or through the HCC Testing and Workforce Certification Center.
- Assists with the academic and professional test registration, administration, and record keeping for pencil and paper tests and internet based tests (national, state, local, academic, distance-learning and national vendor testing).
- Provides responses to inquiries and requests from students, faculty, staff and the community, by phone and in person, and refers to the appropriate departments if unable to assist.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to provide effective solutions to their requests.
- Provides scheduling and check-in assistance to staff, verifying identification, taking photographs, if required, of students and candidates signing in for HCC Make-Up Exams, HCC Distance-Learning Exams, HCC Online Program Exams, Distance-Learning Proctored Exams, CLEP, ACT PCTA, DSST, TOEFL, GRE, PEARSONVUE, SERVSAFE Exams, and other (both online and paper-based).
- Performs daily site opening and closing procedures.
- Reports all exam discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner and documents any breach of security and upholds confidentiality policies as determined by the federal government, state, university, department, and testing entities. Maintains the confidentiality of all examinations housed in and delivered to the Testing Center.
- Technical troubleshoot, as needed, and/or communicates with technical support to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and clean testing center; includes dusting and disinfecting the computer workstations, vacuuming, etc.
- Takes ownership of all procedures and identifies areas of improvement.
- Understands testing procedures for each test vendor and adheres to their quality and visual security measures.
- Maintains daily testing schedules and records and maintains files of paper/pencil tests provided by faculty and test records.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree. 1-2 years of customer service experience; good technical trouble-shooting skills; excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills; able to work independently and responsibly as well as part of a team; able to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, student body and professionals; excellent organizational skills; ability to work in a fast-paced but quiet environment with minimal supervision, learn detailed procedures and handle a reasonable amount of stress; ability to think quickly and make appropriate decisions based upon test center and vendor requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree. Experience working in a post-secondary environment and administering paper/pencil and iBt exams; excellent computer trouble-shooting experience (hardware/ software/networking).
COMPENSATION: $15.00 an hour, non-benefited
HOURS: 18.5 hours per week; Daytime, evening, weekend availability required.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and
- List of references with names, e-mail addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: Screening will begin will applications received by October 25, 2019. Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - Login to your Holyoke Employment Account to check completed application. https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp