Office Manager (30408)
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Full TimeDescription
Provides critical administrative and project support to the Division of Institutional Advancement.
- Assists Vice President(s) with Cabinet-level responsibilities, division-wide planning.
- Assists the VPIA with the development of and monitoring of IA office systems/processes/reports.
- Assists Vice President(s) with related Board committees, making arrangements for meetings, attending the meetings, preparing minutes, reports, correspondence, and mailings.
- Monitors Division of Institutional Advancement operating budgets; prepares purchase orders and expense reports; coordinates billing invoice chargebacks.
- Provides administrative support for the VPIA, and the Director of Development.
- Assists VPIA, and Director of Development with travel arrangements, and scheduling appointments.
- Conducts preliminary research and CARS fact-checking.
- Maintains VP-level and institutional lists for mailings, Mount News Magazine, and other strategic communications.
- Assist in working with vendors and consultants as needed.
- Perform other general administrative duties, including ordering supplies, maintaining an organized office, overseeing office equipment, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
VPIA, Institutional Advancement staff, President and President’s Administrative Assistant, Board of Trustee members, alumni, donors, and other members of the University community.
Supervision Exercised: IA co-ops and student employees
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective with little supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to a supervisor.Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma minimum; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Extensive office experience, preferably at the office management level
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software; Jenzabar or similar database experience strongly preferred.
- Exhibits a “customer first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities and customer needs and expectations; anticipates and identifies customers’ needs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Available for evening and weekend work as necessary for fundraising events and special events
- Communicates cooperates and collaborates with others to achieve common office, division, or University goals.
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Institutional Advancement Division as required during high service demand times.
- Develops and nurtures an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with Institutional Advancement colleagues, students, and faculty, maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism.
- Communicates information clearly and concisely and listen well to others.
- Uses and promotes excellent phone communication skills.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions, and ability to accurately proofread.
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow through to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, as well as able to learn and stay current with new technology at the University.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Computer work; filing, coordinates mailings; sitting in one position for long periods; multiple concurrent tasks with periodic service interruptions; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer