Assistant Professor of Biology (Anatomy and Physiology)
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Assistant Professor of Biology (Anatomy and Physiology). This is a multi-year non-tenure track position beginning August 2020, with the possibility of renewal based upon institutional need. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.Responsibilities
The Assistant Professor of Anatomy and Physiology provides instruction and advising to undergraduate students. This faculty appointment includes a full-time teaching load in addition to office hours, advising, committee work, research and opportunities for continued professional development. This is non-tenure track position will start in August 2020 and reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences. The department houses both a cadaver anatomy laboratory and the Longaker Animal Laboratory. Priority will be given to candidates with demonstrated ability to leverage these two resources into undergraduate academic experiences.Preferred Experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- Ph.D. or D.A. in Physiology, Anatomy, or related field with two years of college-level teaching (lecture and laboratory) experience including experience teaching courses in anatomy, physiology, and general biology. Preference will be given to candidates with a documented background in physiology and experience conducting live animal laboratories and supervision of cadaver prosection.
- Successful experience supervising student research projects and advising.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to student centered active learning and student engagement activities.
- Willingness to participate and engage in responsibilities, campus efforts and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus in order to be part of a community that supports education excellence and student success.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
- Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
- A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.How to Apply
For consideration, complete the online application. Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of three professional references, copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, and statement of research interests. Official graduate transcripts will be required of the finalist.Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin November 1, 2020 and will continue until the position has been filled.EOE Statement
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.