Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing
Position InformationPosition Information Position Title:Assistant/Associate Professor of MarketingPosition Number:002252Full-time or Part-time:Full TimeDepartment:Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship and Fire & Emergency ManagementPosting Number:0401202SHRA/EHRA:EHRA (Faculty)Job Category:ProfessionalHiring Range:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMinimum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMaximum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency:Flat RateDescription of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
Fayetteville State University Broadwell College of Business and Economics is seeking an individual with a passion for teaching marketing to join a dynamic, collegial faculty team. This is a full-time, tenure track position beginning Fall 2020. The person hired will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate (MBA) courses in marketing and related courses in support of the Marketing concentration. Fayetteville State University is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina System. The Broadwell College of Business and Economics (BCBE) is accredited by AACSB International and the faculty is ranked among the top 100 business schools in the U.S. by SSRN. The School provides an attractive and collegial academic environment with a strong focus on teaching, service, and community relationships.Description of Work Continued:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Engage in scholarship in the areas of curriculum/course development, active research, and quality service;
• Teach classes in marketing (preferred courses: professional sales, sales management, marketing strategy, and/or international marketing) with a 3/3 teaching load;
• Engage with students by advising marketing clubs/organizations, national competitions, and student-run activities on campus;
• Assist with university and community service consistent with the mission of Fayetteville State University.
Doctoral degree in Marketing or related field from an AACSB accredited school; ABD’s will be considered.Knowledge skills and abilities:Preferred Qualifications:
At least two to three years teaching experience and a willingness to teach a variety of marketing courses such as marketing strategy, professional sales, sales management, and international marketing are desired.
A record of relevant industry experience or project-based learning initiatives with local businesses is highly desirable.
A record of published research in peer reviewed marketing journals is desirable.
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a doctoral degree in marketing or a related field from an AACSB accredited school? ABD's will be considered.
- * Do you possess at least two to three years teaching experience and a willingness to teach a variety of marketing courses such as marketing strategy, professional sales, sales management, and international marketing?
- * Do you have a record of relevant industry experience or project-based learning initiatives with local businesses?
- * Do you have a record of published research in peer reviewed marketing journals?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document