CCAMPIS Recruitment Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleCCAMPIS Recruitment SpecialistRequisition NumberSCA00366General Description
The CCAMPIS Recruitment Specialist is primarily responsible for student outreach initiatives and assists the Director in developing and implementing strategies that serve to increase the number of qualified Pell-eligible student-parents enrolled in the CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School) childcare grant program. This position coordinates outreach activities with high school seniors, churches, community agencies, and other targeted markets. These activities include large and small group presentations (onsite, offsite, webcasts, ZOOM, etc.), education fairs, community festivals and appointments with high school counselors. This position requires participation at evening and weekend recruitment events to promote the College and provide detailed information about the CCAMPIS Program.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.Specific Responsibilities
• Assist the Director in the design and implementation of an overall recruitment strategy for student-parents in need of childcare.
• Attract Pell-eligible students through the use of databases, social media, regional centers, community groups, churches, etc.
• Provide appropriate and timely information to potential students regarding the CCAMPIS program to assist them in moving from inquiry to application to enrollment in the program.
• Under the guidance of the Director, develop and update recruitment materials in collaboration with the Student Engagement Marketing Coordinator.
• Under the guidance of the Director, promote CCAMPIS via the College’s website and social media sites, print publications, direct e-mails, etc.
• Assist the Director with project activities that include efforts to publicize the program, particularly during New Student Orientation at the College’s Main Campus and each of its regional centers.
• Coordinate outreach activities with community agencies, churches, external initiatives and other targeted markets to include community fairs/festivals.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituents to build a pipeline of candidates for the CCAMPIS program.
• Utilize knowledge of recruiting sources and execute recruiting strategies to find qualified and Pell-eligible student-parents.
• Design and deliver presentations using various software and technologies while remaining current with emerging trends in social media.
• Assist with onboarding new CCAMPIS student-parents in order to become fully integrated into the program.
• Conduct follow-up via telephone, email, live chat and other methods of communicating with prospective CCAMPIS student-parents through information received from inquiry to application to enrollment in the program.
• Collect, research and analyze data to generate reports that aid in data-driven decisions to move prospective students through the application process.
• Maintain productive communications and working relationships with related on-campus services, departments and off-campus agencies.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required; any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of three (3) years of program recruitment experience required.
• Previous work experience recruiting/attracting program participant or students via various mediums, such as social media, phone interviews, etc. required.
• Experience working with “at risk” and culturally diverse populations required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Access to reliable transportation required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Strong organization and planning skills required.
• Effective group facilitation and presentation skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.Preferred Qualifications
• Previous program recruitment experience in higher education preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Engage (formerly OrgSync), preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on October 23, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date10/09/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of program recruitment experience?
- * Do you have previous work experience recruiting/attracting program participants or students via various mediums, such as social media, phone interviews, etc.?
- * Do you have previous program recruitment experience in higher education?
- * Do you have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel?
- * Do you have familiarity with integrated management software such as Engage (formerly OrgSync)?
- * Do you have experience working with "at risk" and culturally diverse populations?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application