#102224 Emergency Trauma Tech
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 10/11/2019 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 10/23/2019. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
The Trauma Tech works as a team member in assigned area to assist with vital signs, reassessments, stocking supplies and transporting patients under the direct supervision of the RN. Collects patient care data. Collects, labels and transports specimens. Performs secretarial duties as needed. Assists other teams in the ED as needed. Coordinates the schedule for the techs and participates in leadership meetings.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an emergency department, pre-hospital, or critical care setting.
Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills.
- Previous experience working in an emergency department or trauma setting.
- EMT and/or CNA certification.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work at both UCSD Hillcrest and La Jolla hospitals.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.