PROGRAM MANAGER - EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
To perform advanced program administration, development and coordination. Responsible for all phases of program development and coordination of program activities.Description of Duties
• In accordance with AVP for Professional Education & Workforce Development (PEWD), administers, coordinates and manages activities involved in industry specific professional education.
• Will assist AVP in implementation & improvement of policies, procedures, and standards to attain goals and objectives set by the Office of PEWD.
• Will interact with industry partnerships to customize trainings, enhance current programs, and increase number of contracts.
• Maintains frequent interaction with University departments, special groups and external agencies in administering the program.
• Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedures, written material and documentation.
• Conducts marketing assessment of assigned areas & creates reports of expenditures & activities.
• Oversees financial management of all program activities.
• Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Attends professional development seminars.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Supervises assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited University.Preferred Education
Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.Licenses/Certifications
•Five (5) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
•Seven (7) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
•Nine (9) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience in contract negotiations.Equipment
Use of personal computer and other standard office equipment.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required. Some travel may be required.Other
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem solving ability.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date10/08/2019Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/22830Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document