Administrative Associate II (CSSE S&P Clinic)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS04097PWorking TitleAdministrative Associate II (CSSE S&P Clinic)DepartmentCOE Comm Sciences & Special EdAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/DepartmentCollege/Unit/Department websitePosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
Hours will vary based on Clinic Semester and will range between 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Monday-Friday) working 40 hours a week.Advertised SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosting Date10/09/2019Open until filledYesClosing DateProposed Starting Date10/21/2019Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to attached the following documents:
2. Cover Letter
3. Writing Sample explaining your greatest accomplishment
4. List of References with Contact Information
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleOffice/Clerical AssistantPay GradeFLSAJob FamilyFTE1.00Minimum Qualifications
Requires are least a high school diploma or equivalent. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
This position serves as the first point of contact for clients and visitors at the UGA Speech and Hearing Clinic. Will follow detailed instruction for completing a variety of office functions accurately and efficiently, including reception; appointment scheduling; insurance verification; general administrative tasks; and administrative support to graduate students, clinical faculty, and staff. Outstanding customer service and compliance with federal privacy and security regulations (HIPAA/HITECH Act).
Hours will vary based on clinic semester schedule and will range between 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Monday – Friday), working 40 hours a week.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
This individual will have ability to:
1. Work independently, problem solve, and respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner; prioritize tasks and/or seek advice to determine priorities.
2. Demonstrate excellent organizational, documentation, and written communication skills.
3. Manage interruptions without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills. Effectively communicate and interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, patients, and the community via email, telephone, and in person.
5. Interpret, organize, compare, and utilize detailed information accurately.
6. Anticipate and initiate solutions for efficient operations of front office functions.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
8. Working knowledge of medical office procedures, electronic medical records, HIPAA/HITECH Act regulations
9. Knowledge of UGA policies and procedures and experience working with studentsPhysical Demands
1. Lift and carry over 20 pounds, both assisted and unassisted.
2. Sit at a desk and computer for moderate periods of time.
3. Bend and/or squat to ﬁleIs driving a responsibility of this position?Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?NoDoes this position require a P-Card? NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?YesDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications)YesCredit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
FIRST POINT OF CONTACT AND CLINIC ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES. Answer phone and inquiries regarding services. Schedule patients; check in patients; collect appropriate paperwork, insurance cards, co-pays, and prescriptions. Collect hearing aids dropped off by patients for repair. Monitor clinic parking. Contact patients from referrals, request/send medical records to and from appropriate sources, confirm appointments, and complete office requests from Clinic Faculty.Percentage of time45 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
CLINIC INVENTORY AND SPACE ORGANIZATION. Track and oversee check out of all clinic materials, clinic inventory and furniture. Coordinate scheduling of clinic space, including managing and maintaining room scheduling for clinic and any outside departmental use.Percentage of time20 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
SUPERVISION OF STUDENT WORKERS AND VOLUNTEERS. Train and oversee daily duties of student workers and volunteers; coordinate schedules with clinic needs and work required for clinical faculty projects.Percentage of time10 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
CLINIC DATABASE MAINTENANCE. Maintain database of clinic faculty appointments, patient demographics and payment types, graduate students’ appointments, and clinic treatment rooms.Percentage of time10 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
MARKETING INITIATIVES SUPPORT. Support social media marketing to include Facebook posts for events, new research, and clinic outreach. Create and maintain (audio/visual platforms in clinic area) TV PowerPoint slides in waiting room to share important clinic dates and events to patients and guests.Percentage of time10 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
GRADUATE STUDENT/CLINIC FACULTY SUPPORT. Assist graduate students and Clinical Faculty with materials, supplies, and daily requests; provide administrative support for communication with patients regarding appointments and therapy needs. Perform other duties as assigned and consistent with this position.Percentage of time5Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- No Response
- * Customer Service: At the Speech and Hearing Clinic, we strive to ensure patients have a positive encounter with the clinic on every occasion. Please describe how you would foster this environment for our patients.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Software Knowledge: Please describe your experience/knowledge in using Microsoft Office WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT and OUTLOOK.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- List of References with Contact Information