Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitleReceiving Clerk/StorekeeperLocationLos Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College)Department LocationOperationsPosting NumberC01076PThe Institution
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College (FLC) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The college and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville (EDC) and the Rancho Cordova Center (RCC), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the Main Folsom campus.
The Main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world class facility.
FLC provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our college awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer which guarantees transfer into California State Universities, and numerous private and non-profit 4-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice & Equity
FLC believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
Under supervision of assigned supervisor/manager, provides for the acceptance, evaluation of received condition, storage, delivery and inventory of equipment and materials for college operations. Performs skilled tasks related to fixed assets and supply inventories, purchasing follow-ups and related work as required. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Operations department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full SEIU contract agreement details)Assignment Responsibilities
● Receives, marks, stores, and issues supplies, and equipment using appropriate software application.
● Inspects incoming stock for conformity with purchase order specifications, report shortages, damage, and other discrepancies.
● Has responsibility for college’s role in district computerized fixed asset management system including periodic reconciliation of asset inventory according to records.
● Orders general supplies for campus wide distribution.
● Prepare/package materials and equipment to be returned to vendors or to be shipped elsewhere.
● In cooperation with other college offices, provides inventory control and distribution of publications and forms.
● Loads and unloads from vehicles equipment and supplies.
● Takes inventory and prepares reports.
● Maintains a store’s chargeback system for grants and categorical programs.
● Completes appropriate accounting and purchasing forms.
● Maintains order and cleanliness in warehouse office and storage areas.
● Coordinates the delivery of supplies and mail with appropriate delivery persons.
● Maintains files of purchase orders, receivers, and related documents.
● Assists with merchandise follow-up activities.
● Responsible for pick up and destruction of obsolete college records.
● Operates forklift and delivery vehicles.
● Perform minor maintenance on warehouse equipment and scheduled routine and major maintenance.
● Trains and oversees temporary classified staff.
● Performs related duties as required.
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day40 hours per weekSpecial Requirements
Employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343, including possessing and maintaining a valid California Driver’s License. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
Within six months of hire, obtain and maintain a forklift operator certificate.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience related to the duties of the position.
Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios Community College District as a Stock Clerk. (Promotional applies to regular current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
4. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical DemandsSalary$3,593.70 per month LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date10/08/2019Closing Date10/31/2019Open ContinuouslyNoBeginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/13436Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for the form - https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- * If a requirement of the position, do you have the appropriate valid driver's license?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document