Senior Building Maintenance Worker
Posting DetailsPosting Details Classification Title:Senior Building Maintenance WorkerPosition Title:Senior Building Maintenance WorkerPosition Type:StaffDepartment:FacilitiesJob Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for participating in the maintenance of college buildings, facilities and equipment.
• Inspects buildings, fixtures, machines and other structural or mechanical units and notes repair needs; performs minor maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating.
• Installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC and other mechanical systems.
• Changes, washes, and cuts filters for air conditioners; checks for bad bearings.
• Repairs, hangs and installs blinds and window shades; installs drapery rods and hangs drapes.
• Installs restroom accessories.
• Replaces glass, screens, locks and door latches.
• Repairs doors and door locks.
• Repairs chairs, cabinets, shelves and other furniture.
• Installs commodes, lavatories, urinals and faucets.
• Changes ballasts, light bulbs, and smoke alarms.
• Paints interior and exterior surfaces.
• Locates and repairs leaks.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Position is subject to pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug testing.
Senior Salary is $26,265.63Minimum Qualifications:
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF HVAC MAINTENANCE.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with the work.
• Knowledge of the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC and other mechanical systems.
• Knowledge of plumbing and electrical system installation, maintenance and repair.
• Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• EPA Universal Certification
• HVAC-R Experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Less than high school/GED
- High school/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * Do you have a valid Georgia Drivers License?
- * Please describe your related experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document