Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleSenior ElectricianDepartmentFacilitiesPosting Number03491PLocationSpringfield, VA: 22150Full or Part TimeFull TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range$50,000 - $60,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Maintaining a quality, comfortable and safe environment for students, faculty and staff by utilizing knowledge and experience as a journeyman tradesman, providing timely response in support of the college mission; provide support in the administration of contracts that are in force at the campus, helping to ensure contractors comply with Federal, State, and College regulations and procedures through supervision, inspection and evaluation of contractors.Duties and Responsibilities
•Exercise independent judgment in applying prescribed policies, procedures and technical knowledge in these areas.
•College technical advisor on electrical matters and evaluate contracted electrical work.
•Maintain electrical equipment and systems correct problems, and perform new electrical installations in compliance with National Electrical Code.
• Valid Driver’s license with insurable driving record.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Education or training related to contract preparation, codes, and procedures
• Knowledge of and experience working with blueprints, diagrams or sketches.
• Journeyman trade license or equivalent.
• Experience with commercial wiring
• AAS Electrical Technology
• Prior experience in Educational facility.
• Computer experience preferably with building management systems and maintenance management software.
• Has training in variable speed drive maintenance and repair.
• Has experience in high voltage maintenance.
Considerable knowledge of the standard practices of the electrical trade; of the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment; and of the national electric code.
Considerable skill in the use of tools and instruments used to install and maintain electrical equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, methods, practices, terminology, tools, and materials used in electrical maintenance • Knowledge of working with blueprints, diagrams or sketches.
• Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically-powered tools and electrical test equipment, to move throughout campus, including climbing stairs in all campus buildings, and to work at heights.
• Exceptional customer service skills; demonstrated experience interacting and developing relationships with internal customers.• Computer literacy.
• Near-visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision, and color vision are required in order to make electrical connections, solder and splice electrical wiring.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
Demonstrated ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations; to provide work direction to others; and to repair and install electrical equipment.Operation of a State VehicleFrequently Posting Detail Information Open Date10/08/2019Close Date10/29/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsBackground Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent applicable experience and/or training?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and a good driving record?
- * Do you have prior education or training in contract preparation, codes, and procedures?
- * Do you have knowledge of and experience working with blueprints, diagrams or sketches?
- * Do you have Journeyman license or equivalent?
- * Do you have experience with residential and commercial wiring?
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Other Document