Library Outreach and Programming Facilitator
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleLibrary Outreach and Programming FacilitatorSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$13.00/hour (approx $2,000/semester)Position Number25sla8Work ScheduleVaries. 10 hours a week.Full Time Equivalent (FTE)0.25Department250101 - NCSU LibrariesDepartment Job City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
A peer liaison between the Libraries and the undergraduate student body, the Outreach and Programming Facilitator will
- enthusiastically represent the Libraries at large events (Pack-A-Palooza; Wolfpack Welcome Week)
- facilitate innovative library orientation activities like the Snapchat Scavenger Hunt and the new Library Escape Room
- promote library events via social media and other channels
Must be a currently enrolled student at NC State University.Departmental Required Skills
The ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic representative of the Libraries and will have excellent interpersonal skills.
Students in this role are expected to be prompt, reliable, and demonstrate careful attention to detail.
Basic to advanced customer service experienceRequired License or Certification
Along with your application, please attach your resume and cover letter.Job Open Date10/08/2019Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.10/15/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date01/02/2020AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you currently enrolled at NCSU?
- Do you have a federal work study award that you could use for this job? (Note: FWS is not required for employment.)
- Cover Letter