Temp Administrative Assistant
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleTemp Administrative AssistantSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$15-$17.70, Fringe Benefits are not includedPosition Number11ASO1419Work Schedule25 hours per weekFull Time Equivalent (FTE).625Department112401 - NCCES 4-H/FCS TEAMDepartment NC 4-H Youth DevelopmentJob City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
Prioritize daily administrative tasks to ensure that projects are completed on time.
Work with University groups such as CALS Business Center to submit required documents for salary distributions, invoices, JVs, travel center, and PCards. Work with University Contracts and grants to ensure that grant project budget and necessary paperwork is up to date for audit purposes.
Schedule client conference calls, video conference sessions and meetings.
Receive calls from customers and either assist them with their questions, or take a message for the proper party. Data coding and ordering all educational materials needed for responsible grants.
This position is housed with the North Carolina 4-H Team at NCSU. Chosen candidate will be working with the Healthy Living and STEM Team. This is a two year temp position. According to NCSU policy, this individual is required to take a 32 consecutive day leave from this position each year. Fringe benefits are not associated with this position.Other Work/Responsibilities
-Graduation from high school and two years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or graduation of a two-year secretarial science or business administration programDepartmental Required Skills
-Ability to work as a contributing member of a team
-Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
-Experience working in a fast paced organization and within teams
-Demonstrated oral and verbal communication skills
-Ability to use standard office equipment including phone, computer, copier, fax machine
-Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google docs
-Strong organizational and time management skills
-Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
n/aRequired License or Certification
-Valid Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References (names, position, and contact information)
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.10/18/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date11/04/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent and have two years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; OR gradation of a two-year secretarial science or business administration program?
- * Do you have the ability to work as a contributing member of a team?
- * Do you have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities?
- * Do you have experience working in a fast paced organization and within teams?
- * Do you have excellent oral and written communication skills?
- * Do you have the ability to use standard office equipment including phone, computer, copier and fax machine?
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Google Docs?
- * Do you possess strong organizational and time management skills?
- * Are you able to lift at least 25 pounds?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References